Financial Assistance at St. Malachy School
Please note of three ways to help offset costs at St. Malachy School:
CTO applications https://www.fairapp.com/Index.aspx. this includes all required tax forms.
Scholarships: We have a couple of opportunities for financial assistance if needed. We have some donors who are willing to help with tuition as well as the Nate and TJ Frey scholarship fund. If you would like to visit about the opportunities for tuition assistance, I encourage you to contact Mrs. Simmons or Mrs. Coen to apply for assistance or complete our assistance request form online https://forms.gle/VCeoj9i1SrnwtZyV8
SCRIP is back and better than ever! What is SCRIP? It is a fundraising program where major retailers give money to our school just for shopping at their stores. There’s no selling, no fees, and it’s easy. Just use the SCRIP cards to do your regular shopping at stores likes Hy-Vee, Fareway, Casey’s, Walmart, Windrow, The Family Shoe Store, A & G, Akin, Kohl’s and many, many others. You can also order online at your convenience!
How does it work? It’s simple — SCRIP participating retailers agree to sell gift cards to our organization at a discount. Member families like yours buy the cards for full face value and they redeem them for full face value. A percentage of the total will go towards the school and a percentage will go towards your tuition.
You can order right from your iPhone or Android and have instant gifts cards while shopping.
Please contact Tom & Charlene Dunphy (782-6036)
to set up your online account.
Please contact the school if you have questions about any of these funding opportunities.
Catholic Tuition Organization – CTO
To apply for tuition assistance, please go to www.fairapp.com
- The CTO has contracted with FAIR, Inc. to process the financial aid applications and provide an objective evaluation of each family’s financial need. FAIR is a nationally recognized leader in financial need evaluation services for Catholic and private schools.
- Applications and instructions will be made available during Catholic Schools Week in late January through schools in the Diocese. Please contact your local school for the application. There is a $27 fee per family for processing the application.
- Applications for tuition assistance need to be completed and mailed to FAIR by the first Friday in April of each year for round 1. If there is still money available, applications will be accepted until July 31st.
- Families who apply will be notified of their tuition assistance awards near the middle of August.
- More information related to tuition assistance will continue to be posted here.
Who is eligible to apply? All families are eligible to apply. However, only those families whose total income falls below the income guidelines below, and meet all local admissions requirements, qualify for assistance through this program. All other families who do not qualify for this program but feel they need additional assistance will need to contact their local school.